Are you interested in studying less commonly taught languages and cultures? Hamilton Lugar centers are now accepting applications for Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) fellowships for Summer 2020 and Academic Year 2020-21!
FLAS fellowships* include generous stipend and tuition awards for graduate and undergraduate students. Deadline: January 31, 2020
Application and additional information available at: go.iu.edu/IUFLAS
Languages: Chinese, Japanese, Korean
FLAS Awards: Summer 2020
- $2,500 stipend
- $5,000 maximum tuition award
FLAS Awards: Academic Year 2020-21
- $5,000 stipend
- $10,000 maximum tuition award
- $15,000 stipend
- Tuition award of 12 credit hours per semester
- Enrollment in graduate student health insurance plan
Want to learn more?
Attend the FLAS information session
Day: Wednesday, October 23
Location: 355 N Jordan, room 1118
* FLAS fellowships are funded by the United States Department of Education and are intended to promote the training of students who plan to make their careers in college or university teaching, government service, or other employment where knowledge of foreign languages and cultures is a prerequisite for success. FLAS awards are only available to US citizens.