**Due to COVID, submissions are currently closed. We hope to offer this opportunity again for Fall 2021, so please stay tuned. ***
IU graduate students traveling to academic conferences to present East Asia-related papers or research related posters may apply for an EASC Conference Travel Award.
- Maximum award amount is $700 and is meant to supplement other sources of support, which applicants are strongly encouraged to seek.
- The College Graduate Office and the Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) also have conference travel funds for graduate students. Applying for these and other travel funds strengthens the EASC Conference Travel Award application.
- Each graduate student is eligible to receive only one travel award per 12-month period (September to August).
Applications must include:
- One-page abstract of conference paper, poster
- One-page CV (including G.P.A. of graduate work at IU)
- Letter of acceptance or copy of the conference program
- Letter of reference from your research advisor that includes an assessment of the significance of the conference a) your field and b) your career
** Abstract, CV, and Conference Acceptance/Program will all need to be uploaded along with the Application. The Letter of Reference should be emailed from your Advisor directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.**
These fellowships support graduate training of students who plan to pursue careers in college or university teaching, government service, or other fields in which knowledge of foreign languages and cultures is required.
Go to go.iu.edu/IUFLAS for application and other information.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021