The job posting for the Assistant Director position here at the Center has been posted. We anticipate this position to give lots of opportunities for grant writing, building new research activities, and increasing public engagement/outreach.
- Specifically, this position manages and implements grants and FLAS fellowships; identifies new funding opportunities and prepares proposals for EASC; oversees the administrative and financial functions of EASC; coordinates EASC programming and student support; hires and supervises GAs and hourly staff; and directs outreach activities to K-12 students and teachers, academia, and general audience.
- Works with the director and other EASC staff to maintain and grow programming and outreach activities with key community stakeholders, including collaborative projects with other HLS and IU units.
- In collaboration with the director of EASC, helps shape and implement strategic plans for the center, as well as maintain communication with and support of affiliated faculty.
- Maintains the Center’s websites, listservs, and promotional materials, assuring that the image and visibility of the Center reflects its vision and mission; coordinates production of newsletters and other promotional materials; works to ensure optimal dissemination of Center programming information to relevant constituencies. Communicates individually and collectively with Center constituencies to explain decisions, request assistance, and maintain healthy collaborative relationships.
- Processes guest honoraria, travel and reimbursements.
- Manages and maintains EASC office spaces
Interested parties should see the full job posting here:
Directions on how to apply
1. Non-IU employees should click on the first link below to access the careers site; current IU employees should click on the second link below.
2. Review the job description and then click on "Apply for Job" to begin your application.
3. Non-IU employees will need to sign in to access your account. If you do not already have an account, click on "Register Now" to create an account. Current IU employees will be recognized through CAS Authorization.
4. Complete the application process.
If you are NOT an IU employee currently, please use the following link:
Current IU employees should use this link: