The center has an active volunteer program, with opportunities for students and community members with an interest in East Asia to donate their time and expertise to campus-wide activities and local outreach programs.
Volunteer opportunities include:
1. Assisting with annual cultural festivals held at IU.
Example programs: Korean Night, Colloquium Series; supporting faculty/staff in organizing events
2. Visits to local elementary schools to help with our Exploring East Asia through Stories program by:
- telling part of the story in the language of East Asian country,
- helping with a craft or other hands-on activity,
- answering questions related to East Asia.
3. Other cultural events or outreach activities throughout the academic year.
Volunteering is a case-by-case time commitment. Flexibile volunteering that fits your schedule. Anyone who is interested or have knowledge about East Asia are welcome!