The center has an active volunteer program, with opportunities for students and community members with an interest in East Asia to donate their time and expertise to campus-wide activities and local outreach programs.
Volunteer opportunities include:
1. Assisting with annual cultural festivals held at IU.
Example programs: Korean Night, Colloquium Series; supporting faculty/staff in organizing events
2. Visits to local elementary schools to help with our Exploring East Asia through Stories program by:
- telling part of the story in the language of East Asian country,
- helping with a craft or other hands-on activity,
- answering questions related to East Asia.
3. Other cultural events or outreach activities throughout the academic year.
Volunteering is a case-by-case time commitment. Flexibile volunteering that fits your schedule. Anyone who is interested or have knowledge about East Asia are welcome!
If you are interested in volunteering with the East Asian Studies Center, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions about Volunteering